Fast And Responsive:
Our Economy version of the Original board makes for a wild good ride. With the combination of fast balls and a light board anybody who rides this will train their quick reaction speed. Also perfect for toddlers and small kids for full body training on Half Balls. A great starting point for kids and those learning how to balance without being overwhelmed by size and options.
Perfect At The Office Or Traveling:
Many use this balance board at the office or on the go. It is so easy and light to pack into a gym bag and take it anywhere. You can ride on concrete and rough surfaces with the durable urethane rail and not worry about extensive damage. A great board size that stores easily and will keep your luggage light.
Balance On These:
Create your own unique combo that suits your needs. Add Balls and Half Balls for your training. Featuring an adjustable rail so you can grow with your board. A great option for young kids with smaller feet who quickly outgrow their clothes!
3" Mini Balls: These are the smallest Balls and are very quick and responsive. They will keep you close to the ground and give you the sensation of floating on air. Beginners should start with these balls. If using on an extremely padded surface or deep carpet these balls will be absorbed and limit your ride motion. Use two balls to create a double pivot board and then progress your skills to one ball.
5" Half Balls: These small Half Balls are the perfect beginner size that will create a challenging surface. Perfect for toddlers and kids progressing to this board. Use two for a basic rocker board or one for a wobble board tilting in all directions. Half balls allow you to progress from the basics of balance or multi-task in complex motions as you progress.
Get Started Here: The Turbo Starter Basic Package gets you started with the basics of balance training. You can create 3 different board types by combining the Ball and Half Ball. When you are ready to progress you can always add more Balls and Half Balls or extend your rail.
I have enjoyed watching kids learn how to balance on the Turbo Starter. The rail size is perfect for small feet compare to the Turbo Original. They confidently learn the board movements and how to engage their muscles. It is fast and a very tight ride area compared to any other board. It is a unique ride to keep the board level to avoid grounding the sides. When I use this board I know I can completely control the motion and multi-task.
Balance Board Progression From Beginner To Advanced:
- Rocker Board: 2 Half Balls
- Wobble Board: 1 Half Ball
- Single Pivot Board: 1 Half Ball and 1 Ball
- Double Pivot Board: 2 Balls
- Multi-Direction Board: 1 Ball
Starter Boards Give You 8 Different Board Options
- Rock and Roll: 3" Mini Ball rolling inside a 6.5" Half Ball at each end
- Thrasher: 3" Mini Ball rolling inside a 6.5" Half Ball
- Big Drop: 5" Small Ball fixed tight inside a 6.5" Half Ball
Download Our 68 Page Information Packet That Comes With All Orders: Click Here
Download Our 3" Mini Ball Trigger Point Release Posters: Click Here
Board Size and Features:
- Small board size
- 27" x 15" x 5/8" inches
- 68.5 x 38 x 1.58 cm
- 11 layer high grade Baltic Birch plywood
- Flat ride surface and elliptical shape
- Rail is bolted directly under the board
- Grip coat on all board surfaces
Rail Size and Features:
- Small rail size
- 16" x 9.5" x 1" inches
- 40 x 24 x 2.54 cm
- Solid urethane to resist wear and friction
- Can be lengthened by 4" extensions
- Rail can not be shortened
- 16" - 25" inches
- 40 - 63.5 cm
3" Mini Ball:
5" Half Ball:
- 0.6 lbs / .27 kg 9.6 ounces in weight
- Slightly larger and heavier than a baseball
- 3" inch / 7.62 cm diameter
- 9.42" inch / 23.87 cm circumference
- 1.25 lbs / 0.6 kg in weight
- 5" inch / 12.7 cm diameter base
- 2.5" inch / 6.35 cm height
- Completely flat bottom side
Balls and Half Balls:
Urethane Ball and Half Ball Material:
- Solid urethane without air, gel or sand filling to break open.
- Exceptional resistance to friction, oils, solvents, UV, extreme temperatures and is odor free.
- Higher strength and durability compared to rubber, plastic or vinyl.
- Made as one complete unit and avoids seams or piecing together.
- Balls are perfectly round.
- Balls will not break open or wear with repetitive slamming.
- Slight tacky feel with grip bumps for texture.
- Easily grips the board and ground surfaces for safety.
- Will not slip on carpet or tile floors compared to wood or plastic rollers.
- Very stiff with slight compression.
- Best described as the hardness of a lacrosse ball.
- Not as hard or slick as a bowling ball.
- The balls rebound back to you as hard and fast as you throw them.
- In many cases, users are caught off guard at the speed of the rebound.
- If the ball has a second bounce with spin, the rebound is even faster than the fist bounce.
- Will return about 70% of its height from a still drop.
- When slamming on the ground the rebound can be as high as 3 times the drop height.
- When slamming against the wall the rebound is extremely forceful compared to an air filled ball.
- When slamming on the ground and into a corner the rebound will easily double your height.
Rolling And Bouncing:
- Due to the solid mass and high rebound, the balls continue to roll very far.
- Heavier balls carry more momentum and require more muscular control.
- The balls will continue to bounce off of surfaces like a pin ball machine.
Size And Weight:
- As the ball size increases the weight increases.
- The weight may feel heavier when throwing the ball due to the high rebound.
- The balls need a solid surface to properly rebound.
- The balls will not rebound on grass.
- Always use a solid and smooth surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Avoid throwing against brick, plaster, wood or plastic walls.
How To Change the Rail:
- Children should always be supervised
- Click here for Creator Kit Instructions
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver and remove the bolts
- Add or remove the 4" extension pieces to the rail
- Trace a new rail template on paper or newsprint
- Mark the new bolt pattern on the board top
- Try to use the existing holes
- Drill a 3/16" hole for the new bolts
- Insert bolts into board
- Place rail on the board and bolts
- Tighten bolts until the rail is secure
Suggested Skill Level:
How It Feels To Balance On:
- All levels for small to medium users
- Small users will fell comfortable on this board
- Smaller rail space allows kids with small feet to easily control the board
- Riders 3' to 4':
- This sized rider will progress to this board as they grow and learn board control
- Suggested to use 2 balls of the same size and half balls to start
- Riders 4' to 5'4":
- Natural ride stance feels comfortable
- Enough room for full body moves
- Great beginner board for this sized rider
- Riders 5'4" to 6':
- Narrow stance that easily allows longer ride sessions
- Quickly carve this board around with minimal strength
- Small board size for upper body and full body moves
- Rider 6' and taller:
- Very minimal stance that keeps the board centered under the body
- Small board that will not allow comfortable lunge or wide squats
- Full body moves are very difficult
Suggested Half Balls:
- 3" Mini ball:
- Beginner ball that is fast and quick to turn
- Easily translate small body movements to responsive board moves
- Keeps you low to the ground to easily stop
- 5" Small ball:
- Advanced ball that is smooth and fast under the board
- Turning is easy with fluid motion
- Keeps you high for maximum board tilt and turning
- 5" Small Half Ball for beginner users
- 6.5" Medium Half Ball for advanced users
Who Should Use This?
- Smaller riders who will eventually progress to larger boards and rails
- Have plenty of space available to ride- at least 5' x 5'
- Great board if working with medium users who need general training
- 6.5" Medium, 8.5" Large and 10" Super Deluxe ball
- 8.5" Half ball
- 8.5" Half ball is possible with extreme tilt