Si Boards Sports Medicine and Performance Institute
"How do you want to feel?"
We tailor programs and treatment to fit your lifestyle and needs so you can:
1: Enjoy the sports and hobbies you love.
2: Move with ease and feel strong in everything you do.
3: Create a lifestyle workflow to maintain your success.
"What does a typical private session include?"
We offer fully attentive, one-on-one sessions. Appointments have a 30 minute gap between clients to allow cleaning and charting your notes. Privacy appointments are available for professional clients who need to manage an injury or specialized training to keep you at the top of your game.
Our integrative approach addresses physical dysfunction, lifestyle influences, mind-body connection, active daily living exercises and high performance training.
1: Assess and Treat: We start with a movement, tissue and joint assessment. Depending on your needs it may include an hour of hands-on therapy to correct muscular & fascial imbalances, posture and spine alignment, manual techniques specific for injury recovery, Active Release Therapy, Positional Release Therapy, Muscle Energy Technique, Reflexology, instrument assisted therapy such as Graston or Myofascial Decompression with cups, Kinesiotape or joint correction tapings.
2: Re-train: Once you are in correct alignment it is vital to retrain your body to work properly with corrective exercises. We then move you to strength and conditioning to maintain your progress. This is usually within the same private session.
3: Self - Care: We specify home exercises and self-care treatments that benefit you. You maintain your health between sessions and develop habits that keep you in better condition for longer.
4: Mindset and Lifestyle: We address factors that affect your health including sleep, nutrition, toxin exposure, breathing techniques, stress reduction, mind-body connection and self-care. This is part of the My Steady State athlete optimization program we developed for our athletes.
5: Maintain and Thrive: Your maintenance program may include private or group training in the gym or manual therapy tune-ups.
We also offer small group training with 4-6 people and special topic workshops.
“Do you have sports massage services available?”
We sure do! Sometimes you just need hands-on manual therapy. These sessions are available:
1. Rest and Relax: Dim the lights, enjoy the quiet and listen to your favorite meditation or brainwaves music. Myofascial Release Technique (MFR) is a slow and steady movement for fascial decompression and often combined with tissue rolling. We may incorporate Progressive Relaxation and Guided Imagery to assist in injury healing and elicit motor patterns of sport training.
2. Lymphatic Assist: Perfect after a game, acute injury or post-surgery to control swelling, weight loss and moving sluggish lymph for toxin elimination. Technique includes manual and automated massage cups, dry brushing and taping techniques for swelling as needed. Many report sleeping better, clear sinuses, better digestion and cellulite reduction.
3. Move and Groove: Highly active technique with stretching, trigger point release, Active Release Technique (ART), Positional Release Therapy (PRT) or Strain Counterstrain (SCS). Myofascial decompression with cups, deep muscle vibration, Grason technique or gua sha may be added for release of full fascial lines. Perfect treatment for maintaining tissue flexibility and mobility while addressing dysfunction from repetitive sport movements.
4. Reflexology Focused: Hand, foot and ear focused treatment to find subtle areas of dysfunction in the body. This is a very light and methodical treatment with significant results. Best when combined with light vibrational effleurage, traditional massage strokes, breath work and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) techniques. A great technique for those who need gentle pressures and subtle movements.
“Who do you work with?”
We treat everybody equally, whether you’re a professional athlete, getting back into shape or reversing years of repetitive motion and stress from work. Longevity of life includes moving well, active daily living skills, fall prevention and feeling like a kid again. My colleagues and I help you be your best!
- Elite athletes from youth to professional
- Board sport enthusiasts and new riders who want prepare for an upcoming surf/snow trip
- Surgical prep and post-op recovery
- Pelvic dysfunction and post-partum return to sport
We've worked with all levels of clients from the "weekend warrior”, high school, college and professional athletes, construction trade, CEO's, senior populations and autoimmune clients. We adapt to your needs.
“What is your hourly rate?”
- $200 per 60 minutes for private sessions. You can schedule 60, 90 or 120 minute sessions.
- $50 per person for small group training 4-6 people
Join the Si Boards Sports Medicine and Performance Institute integrative approach to injury rehab, performance optimization and elite athlete training. This is the culmination of Elysia's work as a sports medicine Athletic Trainer, fitness product inventor, health advocate and menstrual health educator.
Experience the difference in personalized programming and attentive care from professionals who know how to work with elite athletes and listen to your needs.
Heal - Flow - Perform with us today. Give us a call to schedule your appointment 714-809-5109 or email for more information email@example.com.
See you soon!
My name is Elysia Tsai, M.Ed., ATC. I am a NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer with a Master of Education in Sport Psychology. I have 23+ years of experience working and traveling with elite athletes as a sports medicine professional. I have also trained professional athletes from surf, mma, soccer and baseball with strength and conditioning programs using my product line.
A few of my Highlights:
- Linfield University: BS in Athletic Training, Honors: 1999.
- Canyon High School / Ando and Aston Physical Therapy, Athletic Trainer: 1999
- El Dorado High School / Caldwell Physical Therapy, Athletic Trainer: 2001
- Bowling Green State University: M.Ed. in Developmental Kinesiology specializing in Sport Psychology, Honors: 2004.
- Santa Margarita Catholic High School, Assistant and Head Athletic Trainer: 2004-2007.
- Soka University of America, Athletic Trainer covering soccer seasons, special events and as needed: 2008 - present.
- Code Pink Bootcamp, group fitness instructor: 2008-2011
- US Soccer Federation, Athletic Trainer including the 2012 U20 WNT CONCACAF and World Cup Champions. Extensive travel with Youth National Teams and event coverage: 2008 - present
- US Deaf Soccer Association Women's National Team, Athletic Trainer including the 2016 World Cup Champions and 2022 Deaflympics Champions: 2015 - present
- National Women's Soccer League, Medical observer for Angel City home games: 2022
- I invented Si Boards balance training systems in to help fast track the injury recovery process and provide a versatile training tool for all users. Multi-direction training on a Si Board is a whole-body integration to your mobility and strength training without getting bulky. Many athletes require strength and stability without added weight and large muscle mass. We use our Si Boards to create greater success in less time.
Si Boards are patented, manufactured in the USA and started sales in 2007. I love Orange County and the city of Orange. This is the birthplace of my product line as I developed it in my one bedroom apartment in Orange in 2004.
I believe in local manufacturing and 90% of my vendors and supply chain come from OC and LA county. In 2014 I rebranded my business after putting it on hold while I traveled with the US Soccer Federation. I opened my manufacturing location in Orange and was happy to be back in the area close to my vendors.
- In 2019 I co-created My Steady State athlete optimization program focused on the lifestyle and schedule demands of athletes. We show you how to perform at your best with travel and sleep hygiene, training recovery, nutrition and nutrient dense eating, proper digestion, performing in the heat and cold, mind-body connection, stress management, toxin exposure avoidance, therapeutic interventions and hormone balance.
For female athletes, we help sync your lifestyle and training with your menstrual cycle to perform better throughout the cycle. This program bridges the gap between injury recovery and maintaining high performance with career longevity.
My Steady State workshops and professional symposiums:
“Living In Sync With Your Menstrual Cycle for Optimal Athletic Performance”
- Soka University, 2018
- US Deaf Soccer Association WNT 2018
- Annual California Athletic Trainer’s Association Clinical Symposium and Leadership Conference, February 22, 2019.
- Southwestern College Athletic Training Class 2019
- In Motion OC 2021
"Exploring Root Causes of Menstrual Cycle Dysfunction and Therapeutic Interventions”
- Far West Athletic Trainers’ Association Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposium, April 29, 2022.
Move better and feel better! I’ve assisted athletes and clients from acute injury, rehab progressions and to high performance championships. The key factors to career longevity is combining body maintenance, lifestyle stress management and strengthening mindset. Join our integrative approach.