The Surf Original takes dry land training to a new level. We shaved weight off the nose to carve a turn with quicker precision compared to our elliptical models. The stable fish/swallow tail keeps your base grounded as you whip this board in, out and around. Bump up your dry land training and your next session will be amazing.
Dominate Every Wave:
Surfing indoors just got easier. Plenty of space for two balls or half balls for upper body exercises and full body coordination. Practice pop up moves, cross stepping and getting deep into the tunnel. This board easily allows a variety of positions and will continually challenge your sense of balance.
The Surf Original features a steel rail system that allows you to create 16 different types of boards. A perfect balance board for learning skill progression. Create your own unique combo that suits your needs. Add Balls and Half Balls for your training. Features a steel rail system you can attach Resistance Bands to expand your exercise routine.
5" Small Balls: These Balls are fast and keep the board moving for beginner riders. They will keep the balance board close to the ground for easy stopping. Use two for a double pivot board and have a lot of forward and backward motion for skill progression and quick foot work. Use one ball for a multi-direction board for a high level of movement.
8.5" Half Balls: This size Half Ball is the best and will give you enough tilt and ability to rotate. Use one for a wobble board tilting in all directions. Use two and create a rocker board for basic movement. Half balls allow you to progress from the basics of balance or multi-task in complex motions as you progress. Use a 5" Small Ball and 8.5" Half Ball for the Thrasher and Rock and Roll combos to simulate rough water conditions. Use a 6.5" Medium Ball and 8.5" Half Ball for the Big Drop combo to simulate unpredictable training with quick saves.
Get Started Here: The Surf Original Basic Package lets you train for a variety of surf skills. Combine the Balls and Half Balls for 5 different unique board surfaces. When you are ready to progress you can always add Balls, Half Balls and Resistance Bands.
I love the Surf Original with the 8.5" Large Ball and so do advanced riders. There is something about being high off the ground and letting the weight of the ball carry your momentum until you are hanging on by a toe. Pop-ups and deep stance training is great on the 6.5" Medium Balls. The larger board size compared to the Freestyle Original gives me a little more room for board grabs and wide stances.
Balance Board Progression From Beginner To Advanced:
- Rocker Board: 2 Half Balls
- Wobble Board: 1 Half Ball
- Single Pivot Board: 1 Half Ball and 1 Ball
- Double Pivot Board: 2 Balls
- Multi-Direction Board: 1 Ball
Add the Resistance Bands to any combo for 16 different systems
- Rock and Roll: 5" Small Ball rolling inside a 8.5" Half Ball at each end
- Thrasher: 5" Small Ball rolling inside a 8.5" Half Ball
- Big Drop: 6.5" Medium Ball fixed tight inside a 8.5" Half Ball
Download Our 68 Page Information Packet That Comes With All Orders: Click Here
Board Size and Features:
- Medium board size
- 42" x 18" x 1/2" inches
- 106 x 45.7 x 1.27 cm
- 9 layer high grade Baltic Birch plywood
- Concave ride surface and elliptical shape
- 6 Solid urethane blocks secure the rail to the board
- Grip coat on entire board surfaces
Rail Size and Features:
- Medium rail size
- 28" x 14" x 1" inches
- 71 x 35.5 x 2.5 cm
- Thick one piece steel construction of 0.065 wall
- Durable powder coat
- Sits 2" off the board base
- 28" - 38" inches
- 71 - 96 cm
8.5" Half Ball:
- 2.5 lbs / 1.13 kg in weight
- Easily grip with one hand
- 5" inch / 12.7 cm diameter
- 15.7" inch / 69.87 cm circumference
- 4.25 lbs / 1.9 kg in weight
- 8.5" inch / 21.6 cm diameter base
- 4.25" / 10.8 cm height
- Open recessed area on flat side for a 5" or 6.5" Ball
Balls and Half Balls:
Urethane Ball and Half Ball Material:
- Solid urethane without air, gel or sand filling to break open.
- Exceptional resistance to friction, oils, solvents, UV, extreme temperatures and is odor free.
- Higher strength and durability compared to rubber, plastic or vinyl.
- Made as one complete unit and avoids seams or piecing together.
- Balls are perfectly round.
- Balls will not break open or wear with repetitive slamming.
- Slight tacky feel with grip bumps for texture.
- Easily grips the board and ground surfaces for safety.
- Will not slip on carpet or tile floors compared to wood or plastic rollers.
- Very stiff with slight compression.
- Best described as the hardness of a lacrosse ball.
- Not as hard or slick as a bowling ball.
- The balls rebound back to you as hard and fast as you throw them.
- In many cases, users are caught off guard at the speed of the rebound.
- If the ball has a second bounce with spin, the rebound is even faster than the fist bounce.
- Will return about 70% of its height from a still drop.
- When slamming on the ground the rebound can be as high as 3 times the drop height.
- When slamming against the wall the rebound is extremely forceful compared to an air filled ball.
- When slamming on the ground and into a corner the rebound will easily double your height.
Rolling And Bouncing:
- Due to the solid mass and high rebound, the balls continue to roll very far.
- Heavier balls carry more momentum and require more muscular control.
- The balls will continue to bounce off of surfaces like a pin ball machine.
Size And Weight:
- As the ball size increases the weight increases.
- The weight may feel heavier when throwing the ball due to the high rebound.
- The balls need a solid surface to properly rebound.
- The balls will not rebound on grass.
- Always use a solid and smooth surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Avoid throwing against brick, plaster, wood or plastic walls.
Suggested Skill Level:
How It Feels To Balance On:
- All levels for medium to taller users
- Progress in skill level while using half balls for full body moves
- Larger board size with medium rail offers a larger standing surface
- Riders 3' to 4':
- Too large of a ride surface to safely control the board
- Suggested to only use half balls
- Riders 4' to 5'4":
- Large board space creates ultra wide squat stance that may be too large for smaller riders
- Plenty of room for full body moves while on half balls
- Suggested to use 2 balls or half balls
- Riders 5'4" to 6':
- Freater squat stances available with the longer board top
- Easily turn and ride with graceful moves
- Great board size for upper body and full body moves
- Rider 6' and taller:
- Shoulder width or smaller squat stance that does not feel confined
- Easy kick this board around for speed and quickness
- Full body moves are more comfortable due to longer board size
- 5" Small ball:
- Beginner ball that is fast and quick to turn
- Keeps you very low to the ground to easily stop
- The extended board length requires keeping the board level when tilting and turning
- 6.5" Medium ball:
- Intermediate ball that is fast under the board
- Graceful sweeping motions are easy with some speed
- Good combination for board tilt and turning
- 8.5" Large ball
- Advanced ball that is slow yet strong once momentum is gained
- Keeps you very high off the ground
- Best combination if you want to ride with extreme tilt and carving turns
Suggested Half Balls:
- 8.5" Large half ball due to extended board length
Who Should Use The Surf Original?
- Those who want a directional ride to quickly carve turns on the nose with a stable tail
- Have plenty of space available to ride- at least 7' x 7'
- Great board if working with a variety of skill levels with balls and half balls
- 3" Mini or 10" Super Deluxe ball
- 3" or 5" Half ball