The Powder Original is designed to feel like you are on the slopes. The wide ends stabilize the board while the skinny middle moves fast. It really feels like you are floating on air. Feel you momentum easily shift from the center and grab on because the forward and backward board tilt is massive. The tilt really works your ankle range of motion and full body control to stay upright. The unique shape also helps with aerial control. Practice 360 spins on the board and maintain your balance.
Dig In Deep:
Balance On These:
Keep a narrow stance similar to snowboarding or get stretched out into a wide squat. Train your muscles to react with a variety of hip angles and dig in deep for board grabs in the middle or take it to the ends. With enough space for two balls or half balls you will feel the board slide forward and tilt like being on the edge. Perfect for off season training.
The Powder Original features a steel rail system that allows you to create 16 different types of boards. A perfect balance board for learning skill progression. Create your own unique combo that suits your needs. Add Balls and Half Balls for your training. Features a steel rail system you can attach Resistance Bands to expand your exercise routine.
3" Mini Ball: Perfect for unpredictable training. Place this ball inside the half ball for the Thrasher combo and hold on! Such a great challenge. When not riding this ball you can use it for myofascial release and trigger points.
5" Small Balls: These balls work the best on this small rail size. They are fast for riding to the edge and giving you enough forward and backward motion. Use one ball for a multi-direction board for a high level of movement. Create a double pivot board by using two 5" Small Balls for a easier skill progression or to work on extreme board tilt.
6.5" Medium Balls: As you progress you should consider this larger ball. You can get up nice and high off the ground, carve turns without grounding the board and get even more extreme tilt.
6.5" Half Balls: This size Half Ball gives you enough tilt for a beginning balance board. Use one for a wobble board tilting in all directions. Two of the 6.5" will fit under the board to create a rocker board for basic movement. Half balls allow you to progress from the basics of balance or multi-task in complex motions as you progress. Use a 3" Mini Ball and 6.5" Half Ball for the Thrasher and Rock and Roll combos. Use a 5" Small Ball and 6.5" Half Ball for the Big Drop combo. Specialty combos are great for unpredictable training and quick reaction like landing your tricks.
Resistance Bands: Increase your postural control and spine stability with Resistance Bands. Simply loop the straps around the board and attach the bands and handles. Adding the upper body control increases your muscle activation, focus and overall training effect.
The Powder Original is such a unique balance board to ride. The small rail is great for a small stance and staying narrow. The added board length challenges you to reach for the ends for a board grab for great flexibility and squat control. I love having two balls under the board and seeing how far I can tilt the board and how long I can hold the position. It is fast but smooth and really makes you feel like you are floating on air.
Balance Board Progression From Beginner To Advanced:
- Rocker Board: 2 Half Balls
- Wobble Board: 1 Half Ball
- Single Pivot Board: 1 Half Ball and 1 Ball
- Double Pivot Board: 2 Balls
- Multi-Direction Board: 1 Ball
Add the Resistance Bands to any combo for 16 different systems
- Rock and Roll: 3" Mini Ball rolling inside a 6.5" Half Ball at each end
- Thrasher: 3" Mini Ball rolling inside a 6.5" Half Ball
- Big Drop: 5" Small Ball fixed tight inside a 6.5" Half Ball
Download Our 68 Page Information Packet That Comes With All Orders: Click Here
Board Size and Features:
- Medium board size
- 41" x 15" x 1/2" inches
- 104 x 38 x 1.27 cm
- 9 layer high grade Baltic Birch plywood
- Concave ride surface with unique snowboard shape
- Solid urethane blocks secure the rail to the board
- Grip coat on entire board surface
Rail Size and Features:
- Small rail size
- 18.5" x 11.5" x 0.75" inches
- 47 x 29 x 1.9 cm
- Thick one piece steel construction of 0.065 wall
- Durable powder coat
- Sits 2" off the board base
6.5" Half Ball:
- 2.5 lbs / 1.13 kg in weight
- Easily grip with one hand
- 5" inch / 12.7 cm diameter
- 15.7" inch / 69.87 cm circumference
- 2.3 lbs /1 kg in weight
- 6.5" inch /16.51 cm diameter base
- 3.25" inch / 8.25 cm height
- Open recessed area on flat side for a 3" or 5" Ball
Balls and Half Balls:
Urethane Ball and Half Ball Material:
- Solid urethane without air, gel or sand filling to break open.
- Exceptional resistance to friction, oils, solvents, UV, extreme temperatures and is odor free.
- Higher strength and durability compared to rubber, plastic or vinyl.
- Made as one complete unit and avoids seams or piecing together.
- Balls are perfectly round.
- Balls will not break open or wear with repetitive slamming.
- Slight tacky feel with grip bumps for texture.
- Easily grips the board and ground surfaces for safety.
- Will not slip on carpet or tile floors compared to wood or plastic rollers.
- Very stiff with slight compression.
- Best described as the hardness of a lacrosse ball.
- Not as hard or slick as a bowling ball.
- The balls rebound back to you as hard and fast as you throw them.
- In many cases, users are caught off guard at the speed of the rebound.
- If the ball has a second bounce with spin, the rebound is even faster than the fist bounce.
- Will return about 70% of its height from a still drop.
- When slamming on the ground the rebound can be as high as 3 times the drop height.
- When slamming against the wall the rebound is extremely forceful compared to an air filled ball.
- When slamming on the ground and into a corner the rebound will easily double your height.
Rolling And Bouncing:
- Due to the solid mass and high rebound, the balls continue to roll very far.
- Heavier balls carry more momentum and require more muscular control.
- The balls will continue to bounce off of surfaces like a pin ball machine.
Size And Weight:
- As the ball size increases the weight increases.
- The weight may feel heavier when throwing the ball due to the high rebound.
- The balls need a solid surface to properly rebound.
- The balls will not rebound on grass.
- Always use a solid and smooth surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Avoid throwing against brick, plaster, wood or plastic walls.
Suggested Skill Level:
How It Feels To Balance On:
- All levels for small to medium users
- Small users will fell comfortable on this board
- Board and rail combo allows a unique variety of skills and stances
- Riders 3' to 4':
- This board will be too big to ride on with one ball
- Suggested to use 2 balls or half balls
- Riders 4' to 5'4":
- Natural ride stance feels comfortable
- Plenty of room for full body moves
- Smaller riders will need more strength and coordination to turn
- Riders 5'4" to 6':
- Narrow stance that easily allows longer ride sessions
- Quickly carve this board around with minimal strength
- Larger board size is good for full body moves
- Rider 6' and taller:
- Small rail limits the ride space if using a wide stance
- Board size will allow comfortable lunge or wide squats
- Full body moves may be difficult due to small rail
Suggested Half Balls:
- 5" Small ball:
- Beginner ball that is fast and quick
- Gives a lot of forward and backward tilt
- Keeps you low to the ground to easily stop
- 6.5" Medium ball:
- Advanced ball that is smooth and fast under the board
- Keeps you high off ground
- Best board and ball combo for tilting and carving turns
- 6.5" Medium half ball for all users
Who Should Use This?
- Those who want a large board space with smaller rail
- Have plenty of space available to ride- at least 7' x 7'
- Great board for a variety of stances
- 3" Mini, 8.5" Large and 10" Super Deluxe ball
- 3" or 5" Half ball
- 8.5" Half ball is possible with extreme tilt