Carve Your Destiny:
The Freestyle Original balance board brings the beauty of movement and athleticism to you. Express your ride style with smooth controlled turns, graceful momentum transfers or pure powerful ambition. Either take it slow and steady or fire up your muscles and set yourself apart. Large riders will easily move this board around while medium riders will find a perfect combination of speed and strength.
Find Your Comfort Zone:
Our most popular balance board size fits a variety of ride stances and is comfortable for upper exercises. Transitions between moves are easy and let you master new skills without overtiring your legs. A great medium board that is fast, fun and strength challenging at the same time. With a large rail space there is plenty of room for 2 balls or half balls for full body moves. A great all-around balance board size to fit multiple users and skills.
Balance On These:
The Freestyle Original features a steel rail system that allows you to create 16 different types of boards. A perfect balance board for learning skill progression. Create your own unique combo that suits your needs. Add Balls and Half Balls for your training. Features a steel rail system you can attach Resistance Bands to expand your exercise routine.
5" Small Balls: These Balls are fast and keep the board moving for beginner riders. They will keep the balance board close to the ground for easy stopping. Use two for a double pivot board and have a lot of forward and backward motion for skill progression. Use one ball for a multi-direction board for a high level of movement.
6.5" Medium Balls: These Balls are the best size for riding and upper body exercises. Slightly slower than the 5" Balls but higher off the ground for better turning without grounding the board. You will eventually want to progress to this ball size if you have mastered the 5" Ball.
8.5" Large Ball: The Large Ball is for advanced riders who have great control and coordination. Being 8.5" off the ground gives you huge turns without grounding the board. The weight also carries your momentum and requires greater muscular strength to control this fast moving board. Expand your set up with this ball as you progress.
6.5" Half Balls: This size Half Ball is the best size for beginner users who cannot handle a lot of ankle range of motion. This might include rehab for the first time after an injury or surgery, those with little ability to balance and small children. The height keeps the board closer to the ground. Use one for a wobble board tilting in all directions. Use two and create a rocker board for basic movement. Half balls allow you to progress from the basics of balance or multi-task in complex motions as you progress. Use a 3" Mini Ball and 6.5" Half Ball for the Thrasher and Rock and Roll combos. Use a 5" Small Ball and 6.5" Half Ball for the Big Drop combo.
8.5" Half Balls: This size Half Ball is the best size for intermediate and advanced users. The height requires more ankle range of motion before grounding out the balance board. Use one for a wobble board tilting in all directions. Use two and create a rocker board for basic movement. Half balls allow you to progress from the basics of balance or multi-task in complex motions as you progress. Use a 5" Small Ball and 8.5" Half Ball for the Thrasher and Rock and Roll combos. Use a 6.5" Medium Ball and 8.5" Half Ball for the Big Drop combo.
Resistance Bands: Increase your postural control and spine stability with Resistance Bands. Simply loop the straps around the board and attach the bands and handles. Adding the upper body control increases your muscle activation, focus and overall training effect.
This is my favorite board to ride, get into deep squat and board grab positions and save some leg fatigue for an extended ride session. I love the 6.5" balls for a double pivot board and all around ride. I will use the 8.5" ball when I want work on fine tuning my board movements with a little less ball speed. The Freestyle Original and 6.5" ball is the combo we most often use at trade shows because it fits most riders and they get a better feel for all the motion.
Balance Board Progression From Beginner To Advanced:
- Rocker Board: 2 Half Balls
- Wobble Board: 1 Half Ball
- Single Pivot Board: 1 Half Ball and 1 Ball
- Double Pivot Board: 2 Balls
- Multi-Direction Board: 1 Ball
Add the Resistance Bands to any combo for 16 different systems
- Rock and Roll: 5" Small Ball rolling inside a 8.5" Half Ball at each end
- Thrasher: 5" Small Ball rolling inside a 8.5" Half Ball
- Big Drop: 6.5" Medium Ball fixed tight inside a 8.5" Half Ball
Download Our 68 Page Information Packet That Comes With All Orders: Click Here
Board Size and Features:
- Medium board size
- 36" x 18" x 1/2"
- 91.4 x 45.7 x 1.27 cm
- 9 layer high grade Baltic Birch plywood
- Concave ride surface and elliptical shape
- 6 Solid urethane blocks secure the rail to the board
- Grip coat on entire board surfaces
Rail Size and Features:
- Medium rail size
- 28" x 14" x 1" inches
- 71 x 35.5 x 2.5 cm
- Thick one piece steel construction of 0.065 wall
- Durable powder coat
- Sits 2" off the board base
- 28" - 34" inches
- 71 - 86 cm
5" Small Ball:
6.5" Medium Ball:
- 2.5 lbs / 1.13 kg in weight
- Easily grip with one hand
- 5" inch / 12.7 cm diameter
- 15.7" inch / 69.87 cm circumference
8.5" Large Ball:
- 5.5 lbs / 2.5 kg in weight
- Large hands can easily grip
- Great ball for two handed throws
- 6.5" inches / 16.51 cm diameter
- 20.41" inches / 51.84 cm circumference
6.5" Half Ball:
- 12.5 lbs / 5.6 kg in weight
- For strong athletes with good core control
- Great for two handed powerful throws
- 8.5" inch / 21.59 cm diameter
- 26.6" inch / 67.79 cm circumference
8.5" Half Ball:
- 3 lbs / 1.36 kg in weight
- 6.5" inch /16.51 cm diameter base
- 3.25" inch / 8.25 cm height
- Open recessed area on flat side for a 3" or 5" Ball
- 4.25 lbs / 1.9 kg in weight
- 8.5" inch / 21.6 cm diameter base
- 4.25" / 10.8 cm height
- Open recessed area on flat side for a 5" or 6.5" Ball
Balls and Half Balls:
Urethane Ball and Half Ball Material:
- Solid urethane without air, gel or sand filling to break open.
- Exceptional resistance to friction, oils, solvents, UV, extreme temperatures and is odor free.
- Higher strength and durability compared to rubber, plastic or vinyl.
- Made as one complete unit and avoids seams or piecing together.
- Balls are perfectly round.
- Balls will not break open or wear with repetitive slamming.
- Slight tacky feel with grip bumps for texture.
- Easily grips the board and ground surfaces for safety.
- Will not slip on carpet or tile floors compared to wood or plastic rollers.
- Very stiff with slight compression.
- Best described as the hardness of a lacrosse ball.
- Not as hard or slick as a bowling ball.
- The balls rebound back to you as hard and fast as you throw them.
- In many cases, users are caught off guard at the speed of the rebound.
- If the ball has a second bounce with spin, the rebound is even faster than the fist bounce.
- Will return about 70% of its height from a still drop.
- When slamming on the ground the rebound can be as high as 3 times the drop height.
- When slamming against the wall the rebound is extremely forceful compared to an air filled ball.
- When slamming on the ground and into a corner the rebound will easily double your height.
Rolling And Bouncing:
- Due to the solid mass and high rebound, the balls continue to roll very far.
- Heavier balls carry more momentum and require more muscular control.
- The balls will continue to bounce off of surfaces like a pin ball machine.
Size And Weight:
- As the ball size increases the weight increases.
- The weight may feel heavier when throwing the ball due to the high rebound.
- The balls need a solid surface to properly rebound.
- The balls will not rebound on grass.
- Always use a solid and smooth surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Avoid throwing against brick, plaster, wood or plastic walls.
Resistance Band System:
Ultra Strong Strap:
- 1" super smooth polyester webbing that holds up well against abrasion.
- Same strapping used for seat belts.
- Strong and durable to resist UV, water shrinkage and mold.
- Thick 1" diameter ring is welded for added strength.
- Large enough to clip all 6 resistance bands into the same ring.
- Ring will continuously rotate and not bind like a d-ring or triangle.
Long Loop Straps:
- Smooth grip core: the strap will never bind or drag on the handle.
- Comfort grip: thick foam ensures cushion on your hands.
- Strap is built with plenty of hand space to avoid binding.
- 15" in length allows you to wrap around large poles and stable objects.
- 3 welded o-rings creates varied strap lengths to clip in to.
- 10" loop gives you space to wrap around your foot or ankle.
- Smooth strap allows foot position change with ease.
- 16" latex bands with swivel clips at each end will not bind on band rotations.
- Swivel clips allow you to clip to a fence link, cable or the o-ring.
- Three resistances: light, medium, heavy.
Versatile Carry Bag:
- Made with a strong nylon mesh to hold all your extra goods including gloves, keys, jump rope and extra bands.
- Locking drawstring to secure your items.
- Additional strap and clip allow you to hang the bag on the fence, pole or secure to board rail.
Suggested Skill Level:
How It Feels To Balance On:
- All levels for medium to taller users
- Progress in skill level while using half balls for full body moves
- Medium board fits most riders and skill levels comfortably
- Riders 3' to 4':
- This board is too big to control while on one ball
- Suggest using a half ball
- Riders 4' to 5'4":
- Large board space creates a wide stance and may be too large for smaller riders
- Plenty of room for full body moves while on half balls
- Suggested to use 2 balls or half balls
- Riders 5'4" to 6':
- Comfortable stance requiring and equal combination of strength and coordination
- Easily turn and ride for slower and smooth control
- Great board size for upper body and full body moves
- Rider 6' and taller:
- Shoulder width or smaller squat stance that does not feel confined or overly stretched
- Easy kick this board around for speed and quickness
- Full body moves will feel confining unless very flexible
- 5" Small ball:
- Beginner ball that is fast and quick to turn
- Easily translate small body movements to responsive board moves
- Keeps you low to the ground to easily stop
- 6.5" Medium ball:
- Intermediate ball that is fast under the board
- Graceful sweeping motions are easy
- Best overall combination for board tilt and turning
- 8.5" Large ball
- Advanced ball that is slow and strong once momentum is gained
- Will definitely challenge your strength to control board movement
- Keeps you very high off the ground with lots of tilt
Suggested Half Balls:
- 6.5" Medium half ball for beginners
- 8.5" Large half ball for advanced
Who Should Use This?
- Those who want to develop more speed movements
- Have plenty of space available to ride- at least 6' x 6'
- Great board if working with a variety of skill levels with balls and half balls
- 3" Mini or 10" Super Deluxe ball
- 3" or 5" Half ball