are built to the same high quality control standards with the same
materials as our non blems. These are cosmetic issues only and do not
affect the function of your board. We use blemish items for our personal
demos and have no issues with function or durability.
Cosmetic blemished boards may have a urethane rail that got scuffed during the trimming or small air bubbles from the molding process.
The board top
may have a repaired top or bottom layer split or an artwork imperfection.
Current selection may have rail holes that have been moved or repaired.
you purchase this item we will contact you to discuss the board top options
Train For Your First Surf Lesson:
Taking up a new surf sport and planning a surf vacation? Get our special designed Surf Starter and enjoy your next session by being prepared. We shaved weight off the nose to carve a turn with quicker precision compared to our elliptical models. The stable fish/swallow tail keeps your base grounded as you whip this board in, out and around. Get the most out of your first surf lesson by training your balance and leg endurance.
Grow Into This Board:
The large ride surface and small rail is ideal for growing kids and beginners. Progress your ride skill and ride stance until you find your comfort zone. When ready you can expand this rail by 8" inches and continue to push the limits. Pop-ups, switch foot, fancy footwork, smooth glassy surface, rough water conditions, aerial grabs and cutback power training is all possible.
Balance On These:
Create your own unique combo that suits your needs. Add Balls and Half Balls for your training. Featuring an adjustable rail so you can grow with your board. A great option for young kids with smaller feet who quickly outgrow their clothes!
3" Mini Balls: These are the smallest Balls and are very quick and responsive. They will keep you close to the ground for an easy stop for beginners. Riding on one ball forces you to stay level. Using two balls is better for footwork training. If using on an extremely padded surface or deep carpet these balls will be absorbed and limit your ride motion. Use two balls to create a double pivot board and then progress your skills to one ball.
5" Small Balls: This size Ball is the best with this board size. Adult riders will get the most challenge, tilt and range of motion with this ball.
5" Half Balls: These small Half Balls are the perfect beginner size that will create a challenging surface. Perfect for and kids progressing to this board. Use two for a basic rocker board or one for a wobble board tilting in all directions. Half balls allow you to progress from the basics of balance or multi-task in complex motions as you progress.
6.5" Half Balls: This size Half Ball is great for kids who need the added height for range of motion. You will be able to rotate the balance board better with this size. Use a 3" Mini Ball and 6.5" Half Ball for the Thrasher and Rock and Roll combos. Use a 5" Small Ball and 6.5" Half Ball for the Big Drop combo.
8.5" Half Balls: Ultimately this is the best size for adult riders who have good range of motion and want to practice stability on each foot. This Half Ball puts you up nice and high to work on rotation training without grounding the board. Use a 5" Small Ball and 8.5" Half Ball for the Rock and Roll and Thrasher combo for rough water training.
Rail Extensions: All Starter Boards feature a urethane rail that is pieced together. You can put in middle rail extensions to increase the length by 4" or 8". The rail can also be placed on a larger board. A great way to adjust and reuse your balance board as you gain in skill and height.
Most new Si Boarders chose this board because they want to learn how to surf or want to stay in shape between sessions. Many added the 8" rail extensions to get a wider stance. I love this board for the large ride surface and small compact rail. It stores easily and fits into bags for travel. I know I can train a variety of users in full body moves and rotational control.
Balance Board Progression From Beginner To Advanced:
- Rocker Board: 2 Half Balls
- Wobble Board: 1 Half Ball
- Single Pivot Board: 1 Half Ball and 1 Ball
- Double Pivot Board: 2 Balls
- Multi-Direction Board: 1 Ball
Starter Boards Give You 8 Different Board Options
- Rock and Roll: 3" Mini Ball rolling inside a 6.5" Half Ball at each end
- Thrasher: 3" Mini Ball rolling inside a 6.5" Half Ball
- Big Drop: 5" Small Ball fixed tight inside a 6.5" Half Ball
Download Our 68 Page Information Packet That Comes With All Orders: Click Here
Download Our 3" Mini Ball Trigger Point Release Posters: Click Here
Board Size and Features:
- Medium board size
- 42" x 18" x 5/8" inches
- 106 x 45.7 x 1.58 cm
- 11 layer high grade Baltic Birch plywood
- Flat ride surface with narrow nose and fishtail
- Rail is bolted directly under the board
- Grip coat on all board surfaces
Rail Size and Features:
- Narrow medium rail size
- 20" x 9.5" x 1" inches
- 50.8 x 24 x 2.54 cm
- Solid urethane to resist wear and friction
- Can be lengthened by 4" or 8" extensions
- Rail can be shortened by 4" inches
3" Mini Ball:
5" Small Ball:
- 0.6 lbs / .27 kg 9.6 ounces in weight
- Slightly larger and heavier than a baseball
- 3" inch / 7.62 cm diameter
- 9.42" inch / 23.87 cm circumference
5" Half Ball:
- 2.5 lbs / 1.13 kg in weight
- Easily grip with one hand
- 5" inch / 12.7 cm diameter
- 15.7" inch / 69.87 cm circumference
6.5" Half Ball:
- 1.25 lbs / 0.6 kg in weight
- 5" inch / 12.7 cm diameter base
- 2.5" inch / 6.35 cm height
- Completely flat bottom side
8.5" Half Ball:
- 2.3 lbs / 1 kg in weight
- 6.5" inch / 16.51 cm diameter base
- 3.25" inch / 8.25 cm height
- Open recessed area on flat side for a 3" or 5" Ball
- 4.25 lbs / 1.9 kg in weight
- 8.5" inch / 21.6 cm diameter base
- 4.25" / 10.8 cm height
- Open recessed area on flat side for a 5" or 6.5" Ball
Balls and Half Balls:
Urethane Ball and Half Ball Material:
- Solid urethane without air, gel or sand filling to break open.
- Exceptional resistance to friction, oils, solvents, UV, extreme temperatures and is odor free.
- Higher strength and durability compared to rubber, plastic or vinyl.
- Made as one complete unit and avoids seams or piecing together.
- Balls are perfectly round.
- Balls will not break open or wear with repetitive slamming.
- Slight tacky feel with grip bumps for texture.
- Easily grips the board and ground surfaces for safety.
- Will not slip on carpet or tile floors compared to wood or plastic rollers.
- Very stiff with slight compression.
- Best described as the hardness of a lacrosse ball.
- Not as hard or slick as a bowling ball.
- The balls rebound back to you as hard and fast as you throw them.
- In many cases, users are caught off guard at the speed of the rebound.
- If the ball has a second bounce with spin, the rebound is even faster than the fist bounce.
- Will return about 70% of its height from a still drop.
- When slamming on the ground the rebound can be as high as 3 times the drop height.
- When slamming against the wall the rebound is extremely forceful compared to an air filled ball.
- When slamming on the ground and into a corner the rebound will easily double your height.
Rolling And Bouncing:
- Due to the solid mass and high rebound, the balls continue to roll very far.
- Heavier balls carry more momentum and require more muscular control.
- The balls will continue to bounce off of surfaces like a pin ball machine.
Size And Weight:
- As the ball size increases the weight increases.
- The weight may feel heavier when throwing the ball due to the high rebound.
- The balls need a solid surface to properly rebound.
- The balls will not rebound on grass.
- Always use a solid and smooth surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Avoid throwing against brick, plaster, wood or plastic walls.
How To Change the Rail:
- Children should always be supervised
- Click here for Creator Kit Instructions
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver and remove the bolts
- Add or remove the 4" extension pieces to the rail
- Trace a new rail template on paper or newsprint
- Mark the new bolt pattern on the board top
- Try to use the existing holes
- Drill a 3/16" hole for the new bolts
- Insert bolts into board
- Place rail on the board and bolts
- Tighten bolts until the rail is secure
Suggested Skill Level:
How It Feels To Balance On:
- All levels for small, medium and tall users
- Users will feel comfortable for a variety of exercises
- Smaller rail space allows kids with small feet to easily control the board
- Riders 3' to 4':
- This sized rider will progress to this board as they grow and learn board control
- Suggested to use 2 balls of the same size and half balls to start
- Riders 4' to 5'4":
- Natural ride stance that will also challenge strength
- Plenty of room for full body moves
- Great advanced board for this sized rider
- Riders 5'4" to 6':
- Comfortable stance that easily allows longer ride sessions
- Quickly carve this board around with minimal strength
- Good size for upper body moves
- Rider 6' and taller:
- Minimal stance that keeps the board centered under the body
- Lunge and normal squats are possible
- Full body moves are very difficult unless very flexible
Suggested Half Balls:
- 3" Mini ball:
- Beginner ball that is fast and quick to turn
- Easily translate small body movements to responsive board moves
- Keeps you low to the ground to easily stop
- 5" Small ball:
- Advanced ball that is smooth and fast under the board
- Turning is easy with fluid motion
- Keeps you high for maximum board tilt and turning
- 5" Small Half Ball for beginner users
- 6.5" Medium Half Ball for advanced users
Who Should Use This?
- Riders who will eventually progress to larger rails
- Have plenty of space available to ride- at least 7' x 7'
- Great board if working with users who need general training
- 6.5" Medium, 8.5" Large and 10" Super Deluxe ball
- 8.5" Half ball
- 8.5" Half ball is possible with extreme tilt