Take Charge And Lead The Way:
The Commando balance board is large and strong just like you. Take charge of every situation and hone in on your skill set. Designed for the tall user who can unleash an athletic and powerful commanding force. Utilizing the full potential of this board and mastering heavy duty exercises will rank you at elite status. This is the most versatile balance board for full body training, exercise variety and extreme range of motion.
Elite Status Training:
This Large size balance board is not for the weak or timid. Requiring a wide stance for smaller riders fires up gnarly muscle activation and control. Very tall riders finally have a board that fits their natural stance and allows functional training. Upper body moves are comfortable and give you an infinite range of positions. With a large rail space there is plenty of room for 2 Balls or Half Balls for full body moves.
Download Our 68 Page Information Packet That Comes With All Orders: Click Here
Balance On These:
The Commando Original features a steel rail system that allows you to create 16 different types of boards. A perfect balance board for learning skill progression. Create your own unique combo that suits your needs. Add Balls and Half Balls for your training. Features a steel rail system you can attach Resistance Bands to expand your exercise routine.
6.5" Medium Balls: These Balls are the best size for beginners and getting used to the large riding surface. You will have enough space to ride and carve turns without grounding the board. You will eventually want to progress to a larger ball size if you have mastered the 6.5" Ball.
8.5" Half Balls: This size Half Ball is the best size for the Large Commando Board. Use one for a wobble board tilting in all directions. Use two and create a rocker board for basic movement. Half balls allow you to progress from the basics of balance or multi-task in complex motions as you progress. Use a 5" Small Ball and 8.5" Half Ball for the Single Pivot, Thrasher and Rock and Roll combos. Use a 6.5" Medium Ball and 8.5" Half Ball for the Big Drop combo.
Get Started Here: The Commando Basic Package is perfect for getting started with balance training. You can create 4 different unique board types by combining Balls and Half Balls. When you are ready to progress your skills you can always add more Balls, Half Balls and Resistance Bands to your balance board.
My absolute favorite balance board for total leg domination with the 8.5" Large Ball. I am on fire after a few minutes and then I hold that deep and wide squat to wake up my entire body. I love the huge range of motion and ride area of this board. The push-up sequence gives me so much shoulder motion and really activates my spinal control. My favorite board size for full body training with Resistance Bands and positions with my hands and feet on the board.
Balance Board Progression From Beginner To Advanced:
- Rocker Board: 2 Half Balls
- Wobble Board: 1 Half Ball
- Single Pivot Board: 1 Half Ball and 1 Ball
- Double Pivot Board: 2 Balls
- Multi-Direction Board: 1 Ball
Add the Resistance Bands to any combo for 16 different systems
- Rock and Roll: 5" Small Ball rolling inside a 8.5" Half Ball at each end
- Thrasher: 5" Small Ball rolling inside 8.5" Half Ball
- Big Drop: 6.5" Medium Ball fixed tight inside 8.5" Half Ball
Board Size and Features:
- Large board size
- 45" x 19" x 1/2" inches
- 114 x 48 x 1.27 cm
- 9 layer high grade Baltic Birch plywood
- Concave ride surface and elliptical shape
- 8 Solid urethane blocks secure the rail to the board
- Grip coat on entire board surfaces
Rail Size and Features:
- Large rail size
- 36" x 14" x 1" inches
- 91 x 35.5 x 2.5 cm
- Thick one piece steel construction of 0.065 wall
- Durable powder coat
- Sits 2" off the board base
- 36" - 43" inches
- 91 - 109 cm
6.5" Medium Ball:
8.5" Half Ball:
- 5.5 lbs / 2.5 kg in weight
- Large hands can easily grip
- Great ball for two handed throws
- 6.5" inches / 16.51 cm diameter
- 20.41" inches / 51.84 cm circumference
- 4.25 lbs / 1.9 kg in weight
- 8.5" inch / 21.6 cm diameter base
- 4.25" / 10.8 cm height
- Open recessed area on flat side for a 5" or 6.5" Ball
Balls and Half Balls:
Urethane Ball and Half Ball Material:
- Solid urethane without air, gel or sand filling to break open.
- Exceptional resistance to friction, oils, solvents, UV, extreme temperatures and is odor free.
- Higher strength and durability compared to rubber, plastic or vinyl.
- Made as one complete unit and avoids seams or piecing together.
- Balls are perfectly round.
- Balls will not break open or wear with repetitive slamming.
- Slight tacky feel with grip bumps for texture.
- Easily grips the board and ground surfaces for safety.
- Will not slip on carpet or tile floors compared to wood or plastic rollers.
- Very stiff with slight compression.
- Best described as the hardness of a lacrosse ball.
- Not as hard or slick as a bowling ball.
- The balls rebound back to you as hard and fast as you throw them.
- In many cases, users are caught off guard at the speed of the rebound.
- If the ball has a second bounce with spin, the rebound is even faster than the fist bounce.
- Will return about 70% of its height from a still drop.
- When slamming on the ground the rebound can be as high as 3 times the drop height.
- When slamming against the wall the rebound is extremely forceful compared to an air filled ball.
- When slamming on the ground and into a corner the rebound will easily double your height.
Rolling And Bouncing:
- Due to the solid mass and high rebound, the balls continue to roll very far.
- Heavier balls carry more momentum and require more muscular control.
- The balls will continue to bounce off of surfaces like a pin ball machine.
Size And Weight:
- As the ball size increases the weight increases.
- The weight may feel heavier when throwing the ball due to the high rebound.
- The balls need a solid surface to properly rebound.
- The balls will not rebound on grass.
- Always use a solid and smooth surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Avoid throwing against brick, plaster, wood or plastic walls.
- pole or secure to board rail.
Suggested Skill Level:
How It Feels To Balance On:
- All levels for medium to taller users
- Progress in skill level while using half balls for full body moves
- Large board creates a large amount of balance surface that can be hard to control for beginners
- Riders 3' to 4':
- Too large of a board to control
- Suggested to use only half balls
- Riders under 5'4":
- Too large of a board to ride on one ball because of an ultra wide squat stance
- Plenty of room for full body moves while on half balls
- Suggested to use 2 balls or half balls
- Riders 5'4" to 6':
- Wide stance requiring more amounts of muscle control and strength
- Harder to move this board quickly due to size and weight
- Great board size for upper body and full body moves
- Rider 6' and taller:
- Natural squat stance that does not feel confined or overly stretched
- Easy move this board
- Full body moves are comfortable compared to smaller boards
- 6.5" Medium ball:
- Beginner ball that is fast under the board
- Keeps you close to the ground to easily stop the board
- Limited tilting for larger sweeping motions
- 8.5" Large ball
- Intermediate ball that is fast and strong
- Keeps you high off the ground with lots of tilt
- Great overall combo for all skills
- 10" Super Deluxe ball:
- Advanced ball that is slow to start but can quickly gain momentum
- Muscle strength and coordination needed to control this ball
- Keeps you very high off the ground with massive board tilt
Suggested Half Balls:
Who Should Use This?
- Those who want to develop more strength compared to speed movements
- Have plenty of space available to ride- at least 7' x 7'
- Great board if working with a variety of skill levels with balls and half balls
- 3" Mini or 5" Small ball
- 3" or 5" Half ball