The Complete Family Balance Board:
Our most popular board size is available for smaller feet, stances and the whole family. A popular board for younger kids and parents to share. The large board size gives you plenty of room to stand and ride like you are on the Original Board. The smaller rail gives smaller feet and smaller riders the opportunity to use the same board without feeling overstretched or unable to control the board.
All Around Training For Everybody:
Balance On These:
With the Starter rail you have a wide stance range to develop your skill set. Ride directly over the bolt holes or move your feet out another 6" inches to the ends. Plenty of space for upper and full body exercises with a solid platform to land on. Ride on two balls or half balls for an endless amount of fun and exercise progression. A great economic tool for training on the go, outdoor use and multiple users with variety of experience.
Create your own unique combo that suits your needs. Add Balls and Half Balls for your training. Featuring an adjustable rail so you can grow with your board. A great option for young kids with smaller feet who quickly outgrow their clothes!
3" Mini Balls: These are the smallest Balls and are very quick and responsive. They will keep you close to the ground and give you the sensation of floating on air. Beginners should start with these balls. If using on an extremely padded surface or deep carpet these balls will be absorbed and limit your ride motion. Use two balls to create a double pivot board and then progress your skills to one ball.
5" Small Balls: This size Ball is the best with this board size. Adult riders will get the most challenge, tilt and range of motion with this ball.
5" Half Balls: These small Half Balls are the perfect beginner size that will create a challenging surface. Perfect for toddlers and kids progressing to this board. Use two for a basic rocker board or one for a wobble board tilting in all directions. Half balls allow you to progress from the basics of balance or multi-task in complex motions as you progress.
6.5" Half Balls: This size Half Ball gives you a lot of tilt for experienced riders who need more range of motion. You will be able to rotate the balance board better with this size. Use a 3" Mini Ball and 6.5" Half Ball for the Thrasher and Rock and Roll combos. Use a 5" Small Ball and 6.5" Half Ball for the Big Drop combo.
Rail Extensions: All Starter Boards feature a urethane rail that is pieced together. You can put in middle rail extensions to increase the length by 4" or 8". The rail can also be placed on a larger board. A great way to adjust and reuse your balance board as you gain in skill and height.
Extend your rail with 4" or 8" Extension sets. The 8" Extension will
give you a rail length of 28" which is the same length as the Freestyle
Original board. The 8" Extensions are the best option. If you add the 4"
Extensions your rail will be off center when using the existing rail
holes. This creates a unique ride over the tail end of the board. To
extend your rail you will need to drill a few extra holes for the
This popular board combines the best of both worlds. A medium board size for a wide range of stances and a small rail for smaller riders. At trade shows when an entire family shows up this is the board they feel find the most useful for everybody. Parents can stay active and kids can lean to develop their athletic ability. I love working with beginners on this board because I know I can take them through upper body, full body and lower body coordination without excessive range of motion.
Balance Board Progression From Beginner To Advanced:
- Rocker Board: 2 Half Balls
- Wobble Board: 1 Half Ball
- Single Pivot Board: 1 Half Ball and 1 Ball
- Double Pivot Board: 2 Balls
- Multi-Direction Board: 1 Ball
Starter Boards Give You 8 Different Board Options
- Rock and Roll: 3" Mini Ball rolling inside a 6.5" Half Ball at each end
- Thrasher: 3" Mini Ball rolling inside a 6.5" Half Ball
- Big Drop: 5" Small Ball fixed tight inside a 6.5" Half Ball
Download Our 68 Page Information Packet That Comes With All Orders: Click Here
Download Our 3" Mini Ball Trigger Point Release Posters: Click Here
Board Size and Features:
- Medium board size
- 36" x 18" x 5/8" inches
- 91.4 x 45.7 x 1.58 cm
- 11 layer high grade Baltic Birch plywood
- Flat ride surface with elliptical shape
- Rail is bolted directly under the board
- Grip coat on all board surfaces
Rail Size and Features:
- Narrow medium rail size
- 20" x 9.5" x 1" inches
- 50.8 x 24 x 2.54 cm
- Solid urethane to resist wear and friction
- Can be lengthened by 4" or 8" extensions
- Rail can be shortened by 4" inches
3" Mini Ball:
5" Small Ball:
- 0.6 lbs / .27 kg 9.6 ounces in weight
- Slightly larger and heavier than a baseball
- 3" inch / 7.62 cm diameter
- 9.42" inch / 23.87 cm circumference
5" Half Ball:
- 2.5 lbs / 1.13 kg in weight
- Easily grip with one hand
- 5" inch / 12.7 cm diameter
- 15.7" inch / 69.87 cm circumference
6.5" Half Ball:
- 1.25 lbs / 0.6 kg in weight
- 5" inch / 12.7 cm diameter base
- 2.5" inch / 6.35 cm height
- Completely flat bottom side
- 2.3 lbs / 1 kg in weight
- 6.5" inch / 16.51 cm diameter base
- 3.25" inch / 8.25 cm height
- Open recessed area on flat side for a 3" or 5" Ball
Balls and Half Balls:
Urethane Ball and Half Ball Material:
- Solid urethane without air, gel or sand filling to break open.
- Exceptional resistance to friction, oils, solvents, UV, extreme temperatures and is odor free.
- Higher strength and durability compared to rubber, plastic or vinyl.
- Made as one complete unit and avoids seams or piecing together.
- Balls are perfectly round.
- Balls will not break open or wear with repetitive slamming.
- Slight tacky feel with grip bumps for texture.
- Easily grips the board and ground surfaces for safety.
- Will not slip on carpet or tile floors compared to wood or plastic rollers.
- Very stiff with slight compression.
- Best described as the hardness of a lacrosse ball.
- Not as hard or slick as a bowling ball.
- The balls rebound back to you as hard and fast as you throw them.
- In many cases, users are caught off guard at the speed of the rebound.
- If the ball has a second bounce with spin, the rebound is even faster than the fist bounce.
- Will return about 70% of its height from a still drop.
- When slamming on the ground the rebound can be as high as 3 times the drop height.
- When slamming against the wall the rebound is extremely forceful compared to an air filled ball.
- When slamming on the ground and into a corner the rebound will easily double your height.
Rolling And Bouncing:
- Due to the solid mass and high rebound, the balls continue to roll very far.
- Heavier balls carry more momentum and require more muscular control.
- The balls will continue to bounce off of surfaces like a pin ball machine.
Size And Weight:
- As the ball size increases the weight increases.
- The weight may feel heavier when throwing the ball due to the high rebound.
- The balls need a solid surface to properly rebound.
- The balls will not rebound on grass.
- Always use a solid and smooth surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Avoid throwing against brick, plaster, wood or plastic walls.
How To Change the Rail:
- Children should always be supervised
- Click here for Creator Kit Instructions
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver and remove the bolts
- Add or remove the 4" extension pieces to the rail
- Trace a new rail template on paper or newsprint
- Mark the new bolt pattern on the board top
- Try to use the existing holes
- Drill a 3/16" hole for the new bolts
- Insert bolts into board
- Place rail on the board and bolts
- Tighten bolts until the rail is secure
Suggested Skill Level:
How It Feels To Balance On:
- All levels for small, medium and tall users
- Users will feel comfortable for a variety of exercises
- Smaller rail space allows kids with small feet to easily control the board
- Riders 3' to 4':
- This sized rider will progress to this board as they grow and learn board control
- Suggested to use 2 balls of the same size and half balls to start
- Riders 4' to 5'4":
- Natural ride stance that will also challenge strength
- Plenty of room for full body moves
- Great advanced board for this sized rider
- Riders 5'4" to 6':
- Comfortable stance that easily allows longer ride sessions
- Quickly carve this board around with minimal strength
- Good size for upper body moves
- Rider 6' and taller:
- Minimal stance that keeps the board centered under the body
- Lunge and normal squats are possible
- Full body moves are very difficult unless very flexible
Suggested Half Balls:
- 3" Mini ball:
- Beginner ball that is fast and quick to turn
- Easily translate small body movements to responsive board moves
- Keeps you low to the ground to easily stop
- 5" Small ball:
- Advanced ball that is smooth and fast under the board
- Turning is easy with fluid motion
- Keeps you high for maximum board tilt and turning
- 5" Small Half Ball for beginner users
- 6.5" Medium Half Ball for advanced users
Who Should Use This?
- Small and medium riders who will eventually progress to larger boards and rails
- Have plenty of space available to ride- at least 6' x 6'
- Great board if working with medium users who need general training
- 6.5" Medium, 8.5" Large and 10" Super Deluxe ball
- 8.5" Half ball
- 8.5" Half ball is possible with extreme tilt